Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Episode 5 – Stand by Me

I’m sure some of you are familiar with the movie (and the song) of the same title. Both talk about friendship, in its true form, the one that lasts. I’ve seen the movie twice I think and heard the song over a dozen times, but I will never tire of it.

I loved the movie. I loved all of them and I found the part about the leeches hilarious. But of all, the thing I loved the most was the fact that the characters of the story stuck together and remained friends, even though they never saw each other again, during the time that they were together, they didn’t let anything get in the way of their friendship.

I’m sitting here in front of the screen typing this as I look at the pictures of my JASMS batch. I miss them all, how I miss them all! I long for the days when we would just sit by the quadrangle and someone would play the guitar and everyone – well mostly everyone – would join in the singing, or the times when we would just talk, and we would talk for hours. I look at the pictures and I remember everything, and I laugh by myself because of them. I remember the days and I feel like crying. I miss those days. I think that if I haven’t gone to JASMS and gone someplace else, it wouldn’t be the same. If I haven’t gone to JASMS I wouldn’t have met all the wonderful people I’ve met and I wouldn’t have learned about things that no sort of education could provide.

Now I’m in college and I’m striving to get high grades so I can get myself a good job. I just started this chapter of my life and I’m just getting to meet new people and making new friends. I remembered a line said in the movie, “I never had friends like them again, who does?” I will never find people who were like my high school batch mates in my life, I may find some people who act like them or talk like them, but they will never be exactly like them.

I love all these people and I will continue to love them. I may never see some of them ever again, but I will cherish them in my heart forever.

No comments: